- Helper of all who turn to you,
- Light of all who are in the dark,
- Creator of all that grows from seed,
- Promoter of all spiritual growth,
- Have mercy, Lord, on me.
- And make me a temple fit for you.
- Do not look too closely at my sins,
- For if you are quick to notice my faults
- I shall not dare to appear before you.
- In your great mercy.
- In your boundless love,
- Wash away my sins
- By the hand of Jesus Christ,
- Your only child, the chief healer of souls
Anonymous (Papyrus 2nd-4th Century)